90 degree IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hfd73

Reaction score
Just came home from spending the holidays with family. I brewed an AHS Winter IPA on Dec 11, we left on the 19th. I'm guessing on the 20th my fermentation chamber(chest freezer, Johnson controller and fart fan) kicked on, but my freezer went on the fritz sometime while we were gone and just the fan was running and getting warm. My IPA is 90 degrees now and has probably been that way for at least 5-6 days. There was just a little krausen left on it 1 day before we left, now it has all fallen down and looks good. I'm going to secondary tonight and dry hop, then leave it in the secondary for 2 more weeks(at the appropriate temps). Anyone think there will be any off flavors with the high temps even though it was after most of the fermentation took place? Anyone else have anything bad happen to their beer while gone for Christmas? Thanks, Happy New Year

P.S. I AM Relaxing, trying not to worry, and having a homebrew right now!!!!:mug:

Seems like you were far enough along with primary....I'd bet if it's got any off flavors it wont be much.....Seems like every one here says the first 3-4 days are the most crucial for temp control.

Well now you can give the beer a name. Sam Adams has "Latitude 48 IPA", so now you can have "90 Degree IPA".

Back