extra-pale malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Northern Brewer has extra pale, or extra light. I don't see any harm in just using the lightest color you can find if you can find the extra pale.

Yeah, extra is hard to find. Just use the lightest you can find. Your beer might be a little darker than anticipated but it'll taste the same.

I have a recipe calling for "extra-pale malt syrup" but can't find it anywhere. Any help?

Extra-pale DME is pretty common. You could just use it instead. The conversion is pretty simple. LME x .75 = DME. That's the one I use anyway and gravity seems to work out fine. I have also heard .80 too.

6* LME x .75 = 4.5*
6* LME x .80 = 4.8*

call for:
6# extra-pale malt syrup
1oz. Crystal hops (60min)
1/2 oz. liberty hops (30min)
california ale yeast

subbing for:
6lbs Pilsen syrup
1oz crystal hops (60min)
1/2oz liberty hops (30min)
California ale yeast

got it in my beer a day calinder my wife got me for christmas. River Horse Summer Blonde ale clone is what is supposed to be. But I don't know about subbing out one style of syrup for another and getting the same style of beer, and I can't find what they are calling for anywhere for the extra pale malt syrup.

call for:
got it in my beer a day calinder my wife got me for christmas. River Horse Summer Blonde ale clone is what is supposed to be.

Awesome. Does the calendar actually list a beer recipe-a-day, or a beer-a-day?

about twice a month there are recipies. I have a great Duvel clone. next on is on the 28th of the month for a imperial IPA clone from Matt Brewing Company Utica NY. it looks a little harder then my current venture.

Back