new freezer....temp control question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
I just bought a 6.8cu ft Holiday chest freezer today off of craigslist for $75, only one year old. I figured it was a pretty good score so I went for it....it still looks brand new!!! I plugged it in and it gets pretty cold so I assume its straight. Guy said he was in the navy and relocating to japan and having to get rid of all but the necessities. My question is does anyone have any recommendations for temperature controls? I am not good with electricity but a couple of my buddies are so there is no problem getting it wired up, but I would like something pretty easy to control and is not too complicated. I don't plan on building a collar just yet....I am going the cheap route with picnic taps for the moment.

You can't get more easy than a Johnson Analog controller. Just plug your freezer into the other end of this plug and dial in your temp. You'll be good to go. I have one on my 20 cu. ft. chest freezer where I store and carb my beers.

johnson-controller.jpg

Northern Brewer has it for $52.99 which is the best price I've seen so far.

Search Results

You can't get more easy than a Johnson Analog controller. Just plug your freezer into the other end of this plug and dial in your temp. You'll be good to go. I have one on my 20 cu. ft. chest freezer where I store and carb my beers.

:off:

Holy crap! You have a 20ft storage/carbing freezer? Can you talk to my wife for me?

I thought I was done after a keezer and a fermenting freezer. Now I NEED a third freezer :rockin:

Back