Brewing program on History Channel tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtvinny

Reaction score
It's on 7 P.M. Eastern time. From the info I think it is about Dogfish Head. Just thought ya'll might want to DVR it-

Ya know...this is when I dislike DirecTV and living on the west coast. All the cable channels are run off east coast time. So this show will be starting in 10mins and not nearly enough time to schedule online with TIVO. But I'm sure it will be on again.

FYI, this is a Modern Marvels program....

beat me to it.. I'm watching right now...Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks. I have History Channel West, so it's still on at 7PM. DVR set to record!

I assumed that I would be able to record it at 2 A.M. or so. Not so much- maybe it will make its way to you tube.

paranode said:
Damn I think I missed it. What's the title of the program? I'll search for reruns...
Modern Marvels "Brewing" The earliest known traces of brewing; brewers attempt to concoct a beer based on DNA found in a 2,700-year-old drinking vessel.

Modern Marvels Whisky is on now, its on again at 11:00 PM CST
Modern Marvels Brewing was on at 12:00 PM today but I dont see it on again

Oh I see how it is. No love for the Noob and his sucky titles :D I posted this same stuff under "beer tv" earlier hahahaha. Yay dvr. boo work.

On FLN (Fine Living) Chanel 232 on direct tv there is are a couple of shows on tonight- "Beer Pairings" right now and then again at 1 A.M. Eastern and "Thirsty Traveler" which is about Irish Stout on next, at 9 PM and then at 2 A.M.

enjoy!

I take all my negative comments back. Logged on to tivo.com to online schedule at 3:55. Just checked and I only missed the first 3 mins of this.

jtvinny...thanks for the heads up on those other shows. Both sound interesting.

EDIT:
Nope, I take it back...I'm still pi$$ed...someone unplug the audio out of the DirecTV so all I got was video and no audio....argh...

A quick look at historychannel.com shows that this program is not on teh schedule for the upcoming 2 weeks. However, it is scheduled to be part of a marathon showing on July 28th. I guess it was good enough to make a viewers choice for the marathon.

I missed the brewing show but I did see the Whiskey show, I would really like to try that Microdistilled Whiskey from Colorado, I forgot the name but I really want to try it and I dont think they have it up here.

RICLARK said:
I would really like to try that Microdistilled Whiskey from Colorado, I forgot the name but I really want to try it and I dont think they have it up here.
I think it was Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey?

Thanks for the heads up on this. The back-to-back beer and whiskey shows were very interesting!

How bout the funniest thing of the Modern Marvels: Brewing was one of those "Did you know..." that said: A long time ago, a fermentation vessel in london exploded releasing a 25 foot wall of beer. 8 drowned :drunk: , and the rest of the town came out to drink the free beer!:tank:

FishinDave07 said:
How bout the funniest thing of the Modern Marvels: Brewing was one of those "Did you know..." that said: A long time ago, a fermentation vessel in london exploded releasing a 25 foot wall of beer. 8 drowned :drunk: , and the rest of the town came out to drink the free beer!:tank:

That is funny, There was one fact on the whiskey one that I didn't know and was interesting, They said JD was sold in x number of countries and X number of bars but you can't buy a shot of it in Lynchburg because it is in a dry County.

Latest posts

Back