Good Nut Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
My friend always requests that I make a brown ale, but I find them to take too long to age... or my technique is not friendly with a brown ale. I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for brown ales that will not dissapoint. Please let me know, since I'm going to brewing one in the next week and I would really appriciate some guidance.

BTW. I turned off my inner spellcheck, please don't korrect me :rockin:

There are some good ones in the recipe section. Brown's are very forgiving, so you should not have a problem. .25-.5 of each: chocolate malt, victory, some special roast and maybe a little caravienne....pick a base and call it good.

Here is the kit from northern brewer...scroll to either AG or extract and click "inventory"

http://www.northernbrewer.com/alekits.html

English brown or American?

Here is the Northern Brown that I am doing in the next few weeks. I believe it is one of Jamil's recipes.
northernbrown.jpg

There is a Brown Ale article in the latest BYO w/ 5 recipes. I'm going w/ one of those for a gingerbread ale.

Back