Mash tun question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
I'm making my mash tun and I want to know if I take the inner liner out of the supply line, drill or cut and put it back In so the line doesn't collapse. Will this effect the wort or is there a reason people do not reuse it. Or is it simply to hard to put back in?

dirtybasementbrew said:
I'm making my mash tun and I want to know if I take the inner liner out of the supply line, drill or cut and put it back In so the line doesn't collapse. Will this effect the wort or is there a reason people do not reuse it. Or is it simply to hard to put back in?
The rubber hose inside the SS mesh? Absolutely! It's not a manifold if you don't remove it, since you're using it to filter the wort from the grain. It won't collapse.

I didn't try, but I don't think you could get it back in.

Brulosopher said:
The rubber hose inside the SS mesh? Absolutely! It's not a manifold if you don't remove it, since you're using it to filter the wort from the grain. It won't collapse.

The SS mesh won't collapse? I found a stainless flex hose that would fit inside could I use that?

Latest posts

Back