3 tier 10 gallon setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
I have been looking and searching and can not find any designs or blue prints to get me started with this. Im looking for some type of steel three tier design to get me into all grain. Anyone know of any ideas of where to begin? or a thread that I could not find?

Thanks jay

A permanent setup would be nice, but most people have to put stuff away each time. I do everything on my deck outside. My mashtun and boil kettle are kegs and I have a 40 litre kettle to heat water. First I heat my strike water in a 40 litre kettle and set it next to the burner. Set the mashtun on the burner with the grain and add the strike water, per recipe. Add heat if needed and Lauter as needed. Set the mashtun on something to protect the deck for the mash rest and heat your sparge water. Set the mashtun back on the burner for sparging. Add heat if needed. Put the boil kettle at a lower level than the mashtun (mine sits on the grass) and do your sparge run. I do half into the boil kettle and half into my 40 litre kettle and lift them seperately to save my back. Put the boil kettle back onto the burner. Add the rest of the wort and boil. When finished boiling and chilling, run the beer into the carboys at the lower level. There really is not that much lifting and I can do a 10-12 gal batch by myself with a bad back. Note: a hot boil kettle burns a perfect circular "brand" into a wooden deck. Some scrap wood saves that.

Back