Fermentap Recommendation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewie

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Fermentap (from Morebeer) to eliminate siphoning problems. Does anyone have any experience with these and are they worth the $30 bucks or so? I thought before I bought one that I'd ask the experts here. I can't afford a conical fermenter right now and I'm concerned about sanitary conditions when siphoning. The Fermentap looks like a good idea, but I don't see any discussion of them on the site. Makes me wonder if they're any good, no? Cheers to all!:D

I purchased one a long time ago and only used it 2 times. I wasn't at all impressed. The trub and yeast pretty much stuck to the sides of the carboy and couldn't be removed. I had to put both batches into secondaries to get them off the trub. I use the stand to drain my carboys. The rest of the fermentap has been stored in a plastic bag.

RichBrewer said:
I purchased one a long time ago and only used it 2 times. I wasn't at all impressed. The trub and yeast pretty much stuck to the sides of the carboy and couldn't be removed. I had to put both batches into secondaries to get them off the trub. I use the stand to drain my carboys. The rest of the fermentap has been stored in a plastic bag.

Thanks for the reply. You just saved me $30 bucks. I figured it was too good to be true. Just have to save up for the conical for awhile. :mug:

Back