prepping varieties for next year - planning wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detlion1643

Reaction score
So far if everything falls into place, the wedding date will be next August 24th.

I'm in search of some ideas/thoughts/suggestions that would make some good variations/selections for next August. I am aware of the 1 year time constraint.

I have 2 batches of apfelwein currently fermenting, that will all be chilled for serving. I have a strawberry daquiri fermenting for swmbo (she only likes wine coolers).

I'd love to get at least 2 more batches of wine going for the date, of anything that will go over well for a wedding and/or August.

*I'm going to well venture a guess and say I shouldn't create a duplicate post in any of the beer sub-forums, to prevent cross-posting. So, realistically looking for about 2 beer styles as well.

I have two that are bulk aging now and are really good so far. Look at the web site http://skeeterpee.com/ for the first one. Another great wine has been the Welch's White Grape Peach wine. There are many variations to the White Grape Peach wine, here is the recipe I used:

5 Gal Recipe

1 gallon of Welch’s White Grape juice
3.5 gallons of Welch’s White Grape Peach juice
4 cups of cane sugar (Sugar is added to hit a gravity of 1.07)
2 pounds of peaches
4 tsp of pectin enzyme
3 tsp of yeast nutrients (DAP)
2 tsp of yeast energizer (1 tsp added 24 hours after yeast pitch & the second 48 hours.)
5 crushed campden tablets
Yeast: Lalvin 71b

Mix everything lack the pectic enzyme and yeast. After 12 hours pitch the pectic enzyme and make sure to aerate a lot. After 24 hours pitch rehydrated yeast or use a yeast starter. Here is the starter recipe I like to use:

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp of yeast nutrients

Just mix it together and cover with a paper towel. This can be pitched 6 - 12 hours from mixing together.

Finally back sweeten to a gravity of about 1.015.

Here is the same type of wine from Jack keller’s web site if you can find the concentrate of Welch’s white grape peach juice.

1 Gal Recipe
2 cans (11.5 oz) Welch's White Grape and Peach frozen concentrate
1-1/4 lbs granulated sugar
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrients
water to make 1 gallon
Sauterne wine yeast

Latest posts

Back