CO2 Tank to Primary Hardware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for the piece that connects the CO2 tank to the primary regulator. I went to Praxair here locally, and they sold me a piece with the wrong threads. The side that connected to the regulator had regular threads, not left hand. Where can I get one? I looked online on a few sites, but didn't find anything obvious.

On MoreBeer.com, the description for their primary regulator reads as such:

"Comes with a built-in gasket where the regulator connects to the CO2 tank, eliminating the constant replacement of fiber washers."

What does this mean? Is the gasket in the connecting piece? It certainly would be nice to not have to replace the gasket every time I disconnect the tank.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I am looking for the piece that connects the CO2 tank to the primary regulator. I went to Praxair here locally, and they sold me a piece with the wrong threads. The side that connected to the regulator had regular threads, not left hand. Where can I get one? I looked online on a few sites, but didn't find anything obvious.

On MoreBeer.com, the description for their primary regulator reads as such:

"Comes with a built-in gasket where the regulator connects to the CO2 tank, eliminating the constant replacement of fiber washers."

What does this mean? Is the gasket in the connecting piece? It certainly would be nice to not have to replace the gasket every time I disconnect the tank.

Thanks!

Your local gas supplier is probably the best place. Every regulator I've ever had came with the union half to attach to the tank.

The fiber washers don't have to be replaced every time, and my supplier gives them to me free whenever I get gas.

Back