Brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ust311

Reaction score
I love lagers like Stella, Grain Belt Nordeast or coors light(my budget beer). What are some good ales to brew that I would like?

Hard to say... you haven't told us what kind of BEER you like yet.

:D

(But seriously, look at some basic pale ale recipes first. There's an entire section of these forums devoted to recipes for all styles - look at American pale ales, or maybe English and/or Irish ales if you want something a little different.)

Those are all lagers or pilsners, both of which styles require some advanced techniques and concise temperature control.

I would start you off with cream ales, american pale ales (APAs), wheats, and hefewiezens. Both are NOT lagers/pilsners, but they are lighter styles with lighter character than most other styles.

Once you've got 3-4 ale batches under your belt and understand things like fermentation temperture control, yeast pitch rates, and oxygenation, you'll be ready for lagers and pilsners.

Back