Temp alarm on freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadarnell

Reaction score
hello all .... I just picked up a freezer for 50 bucks and am going to ferment in it ... I have a johnson controller on order ... be here tomorrow ...

my question is about the alarm on the freezer and a little light on the front of the lid ... the wire out of the lid and into the back bottom of the freezer has no slack ...

I want to install a collar so I have to do something with this wire ... can I just cut it and tape it off ??? ... will affect the freezer commpressor you think ??? ... any thoughts would be appreciated ... cheers !!

I have an 8 cft Kenmore that had the same issue. Mine had a connector that I was able to just unplug/disconnect. I lost my light function, but everything else works fine. I built a 10" dual hinged collar, and have a Johnson control.

I have an 8 cft Kenmore that had the same issue. Mine had a connector that I was able to just unplug/disconnect. I lost my light function, but everything else works fine. I built a 10" dual hinged collar, and have a Johnson control.

good .. I really just want to disconnect it ... there is a little screw right by where the wire goes into the lid ... maybe that's just holding it into a plug type outlet and I can just pull it ... thanks !!

I cut the wire, built the collar and installed 5 gallons of a spotted cow clone in it to lager for a few weeks ... working perfectly !!!

Back