failed berliner weisse... need to rescue with lactic acid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbeerboy

Reaction score
so, i brewed the BW, hit all my numbers, etc, chilled too cool, put the lacto in too early, then pitched yeast a few days later. it's been no higher than 70 for 3mo, so no sourness.

i have 12 gal, and i want to dose it with lactic acid to get it drinkable. anyone have any experience with dosage?

you need to do it to taste, no one will know how much to use other than you, as we dont konw how sour the beer currently is or how sour you want it

I suggest starting with an eye dropper and several small portion of beer, say 2oz, and adding dif amounts of acid to each, then taste and see what you think

On another note, Ive had a bweiss that didnt get sour that I added rhubarb to and it soured nicely, partially from the rhubarb, partially from the lacto, as it became extremely turbid for about a month then dropped bright. and the rhubarb didnt leave any flavor

Back