Broke off some white shoots after transplanting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadingzero

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently transplanted the hops I just received in the mail the beginning of this month. As I was trying to carefully dig them up some of the bigger white shoots broke off. The first one i moved was a MT Hood and it had three nice white shoots coming off of it and they have ripped off and now all that is left is on small white shoot. The second is a cascade and I was more careful with this one and only a couple of smaller shoots were broken.

Do you think this will shock the rhizome and cause it not to grow? Will the rhizomes grow new shoots? Should I toss these Rhizomes and start with new ones? These rhizomes are planted in pots.

Thanks for the help!!!

-leadingzero

Sounds like it's time to get the duck tape out! Honestly, Nurmey pretty much hit the nail on the head. The new buds should kick in and take the place of the damaged ones. You'll be fine.

No doubt the amount of shoots has been lowered, but yeah, they will most likely start fine. I had one that had NO visible shoots and it went.

Latest posts

Back