Strawberry wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gannon

Reaction score
I'm about to rack this Strawberry for the 2nd time. The attached pics are before and after the 1st racking. I am going to add campden this time around. I was considering topping off with some mead i made 2 years ago. Any thoughts?

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

honestly I do not like adding other wines to my wine because then it becomes something else.....but then again I also do not age in carboys so I usually just rack a couple times then bottle, On my last rack the head space is a bit more then id like but i figure sense its only going to be like that for a week it probably wont hurt it..Ive done it both ways and the wine usually turns out fine either way but I guess its your call.

I wouldn't rack yet, unless you have lees 1/4" thick or so and it's been at least 45 days since the last racking.

The wine looks great! I always top up with a "similar" wine. Since nothing is really similar to strawberry wine, another wine that you think would work well is absolutely fine. I've used pinot grigio for dandelion, as an example.

Take a gravity reading. My strawberry came out with a bit too high an alcohol content. You may want to top up with water depending on your gravity. Not sure what you used for a recipe, but depending on the sugar content of the strawberries, and the sugar you added, you could have rocket fuel.

Back