New Keezer build pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
I need room in the lager refrigerator to brew a Bock this weekend so I finally had to get going on the keezer. I had a woodworker friend build the frame...it's 6" tall and 3/4" thick. Then I used 2-3 layers of 3/4" thick foam insulation custom cut with a box cutter and glued them in with Door & Window seal. Then I custom cut black Gorilla Tape to protect the foam. There are two holes on each side of the back panel for the temp controller probe and gas line (so I can choose which side and just plug the unused side). I mounted the temp controller on the back panel. There are SS bulkhead fittings in the back panel for the gas line on each side. The collar is bonded to the keezer and I just moved the lid and hinges up.

Just gotta put the weather stripping on the top of the collar and then do all the liquid lines and it's operational.:p

Keezeroutside1.JPG

The tank is to the left behind the 'on-deck' keg. Still need a drip tray.

KeezerFullFrontal1.JPG

My 'manifold' (lol) is on the right...it's just a tee with 3 valves. There is a back-to-back connecting the tee to the bulkhead fitting. The long slot in the insulation just to the right of the manifold is so you can get the temp controller probe in/out...but the thin capillary tubing is protected by the insulation. I'm gonna move the manifold to the other side before I finish it up.

KeezerFrontPanelInside.JPG

Here's the inside front panel. I only have three 3" SS shanks and I'm awaiting the fourth.

7 cu ft. and 6" tall.

I hope to take advantage of the elevated kegs being warmer by putting serving kegs that are more appropriately served warmer and less carbonated like some English Ales and Stouts, etc. Since they're warmer they'll just naturally be less carbed at the same pressure. Then the two far left spots are the coldest and will be reserved for lagering.

I swear these 7.2ft Magic Chefs were designed for this very purpose. The fit is just amazing. I love mine:tank:
lol....yeah but now I think I need another keezer for lagering and this one just for serving and on-deck serving kegs. Then the fridge for the lager fermenting. Never ends!:D

Yeah, I looked around a while to maybe find a used freezer, but I couldnt get away from how nice the magic chef works out.

Stuffed my buddy full of ham and then coaxed him into helping me get these set up tonight..

mailgooglecom-1.jpg

At least 2 homebrew taps (3rd can be sanke or ball-lock) and SWMBO wants the 4th for cider.

I considered a collar, but the wife got me the towers for Christmas, so I went with what i had. I use the hump for bottles and growlers.

Latest posts

Back