Is there a category where you show you home brew setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumertens

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just upgraded from my all grain 5 gal batch brewing to 10+gal batches. Since I travel a lot for my job I can't brew that often. So far I used it once and it works fine. The only upgrade so far is a heat resistance shield between the trukey fryer and the mash tun (not in this pic). The turkey fryer went from a boiler to a hot water tank.
Is there a category where people show their brewing setup? I fairly new to this online talk thing and I didn't find a spot to show it.

MyLittleBrewery.jpg

Nice looking setup. Best place to post is in the DYI section. What did you end up using for the heat shield for the MT. I am looking to do a similar setup.

Thank's guys. I'm originally from Germany and not used to all the abreviations but the link help...DIY = Do It Youself..stupid me.

As for the heat shield. I did my first brew without it by moving the mashtun a few inches away while heating up the strike water. Since the MT was too heavy during the sparge water preparation I just used a small flame. I think it still was on the borderline so I looked around and the cheapest heat shield I could find was to buy 2 x Thermo-Tec 13575 12" X 24" Adhesive Backed Heat Barrier for each $14.72 at Amazon. It sticks very good to a 2" x 2" wood board. I will find out how it works when I brew next weekend.

Back