Free Shipping Homebrew Website...help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewstalker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for some feedback on a new 'free shipping' website concept I'm launching. I run a small homebrew shop in New Orleans, but am getting some other people involved in the business. They want a website that they can manage.

The website is up and running (warning: if you order, it will go through, and you will be sent what you order), but I'm still organizing and updating.

I would love criticisms and critiques. Too basic, bland, hard to find stuff, more pictures, no pictures, different look, different feel, subcategories, more categories, is the cart hard to use, font, etc...

The two goals were: easy to use and free shipping.

www.brewnorth.com

Any ideas are welcome!

Regards,

Aaron

I like it! Could use some more color, but I know that wasnt what you were going for. I do think that some things could maybe contain subcategories, like the equipment section... OR allow more items to be displayed per page. Also when you click on "price" it sorts from low to high, but when I click again it does not sort high to low. Otherwise I think its pretty solid. I personally don't like that the "Contact" link is an email setup, not a page with your brick and mortar store info and email/contact form.

Otherwise I think the goal is acheived...simply and free shipping, keep it up! :rockin:

You have a win equipment kit amongst your beer recipe kits. :D

You're website looks functional, but, and I don't mean to be rude, it needs quite a bit more to compete with places like Brewmasters, NB and AHS. I understand the free shipping over $50 and that is awesome, but the prices pretty obviously reflect the lack of shipping charges. I understand it's a good ploy to bring people in, but they'll notice that even with the 5-6 dollar flat rate shipping of the other guys, they're still cheaper.

larger font, and some color. i like the simplicity of the layout and the ease of navigation, but black letters against white background will remind way too many people of work.

Irregular- Thanks for catching the wine kit:) Yeah, prices do need some work, I admit. Some stuff is lower than it maybe should be, and a lot of the bigger stuff is higher than it should be. I'm hoping to hash out the best way to keep it free shipping, and getting my prices slightly closer. Though, I actually priced myself against some of the big boys today, and they are actually quite close, once you figure in the flat rate shipping, and not being able to use flat rate or free shipping on some of their larger items (depending on the store.)

Brett- Yeah I think a full contact page is in order. Color is something I've been working on:) I definitely agree.

From- yeah black and white sort of starts shutting my mind down too...I need to find something that works.

Thanks for the input!
Aaron

Back