Secondary Regulators and other Q's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Well, I thought I had done enough research to have finally figured out all the parts involved with kegging.

1. I bought a used Micromatic two-gauge reg and also a 3-gauge secondary bank with the idea that I would create a single 4-output system. I had assumed that the horizontal or left and right ports were the pressure or primary and the vertical or top and bottoms were the secondaries or low pressure. I was set to daisy chain them all when I found that the two-gauge reg's left and right ports were left-hand thread while the 3-reg secondary was right hand.

the 3-gauge system actually had a hose barb on it for an input. Am I supposed to take a hose off the two-gauge reg to supply the 3-gauge secondary bank? Isn't this a potential waste of a low pressure port? If I really need to run a hose between the two regulator units, what would I set that pressure at?

After all this, I'm beginning to think the multi-pressure system is a waste because I'm yet to think of a situation where I'd really need multiple pressures.

2. I was planning to run picnic taps at first before I figured out what kind of faucets I wanted to invest in. I just recently read that there is no reasonable length of 3/16" beerline you could use to create balanced dispensing with picnic faucets. They said you just have to lower the pressure to 2lbs for serving. Is that true? I was going to use 7' per tap.

Back