Brewer's Best American Amber - Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmmbeeer

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted or attempted, but I thought I'd share this, to see what ya think.

Brewer's Best American Amber was my first home brew and so far, my personal favorite. This past weekend I merged my favorite brew with my favorite pie flavor. I brewed it as usual and on the last 15 minutes of brewing, I added a can of Libby's pumpkin (boiling for 10 minutes), followed by bittering hops for 5 min.

Just before putting it in the primary, I added the following into 1 1/2 c of water, for 2 min. in the microwave (stirred, then cooled).

1 TSP Cinnamon

1/2 TSP Ginger

1/4 TSP Ground Cloves

1/4 TSP Nutmeg

1 TBSP Vanilla Extract

I plan on letting it sit for 3+ weeks in my primary, then bottling. :mug:

hey how did this turn out? i am planning on making a pumpkin ale this fall but i don't have recipe and i'm not sure whether to use an amber or a brown as the base

hey how did this turn out? i am planning on making a pumpkin ale this fall but i don't have recipe and i'm not sure whether to use an amber or a brown as the base

I'm debating on making up a pumpkin ale recipe this fall too. For mine I want the base to be sweet. So I was thinking a brown ale as the base. I did a pumpkin last year and I think the base was amber. It came out OK too. Not as sweet and nutty as I would have liked to go with the pumpkin.

Came out pretty good, got alot of compliments from it. I think next time, I'd like to add another tablespoon of vanilla extract. I'm partial to amber's, so it worked for me. I'd like to know how the brown works out!

Back