Barley Crusher Bushing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew'n

Reaction score
The manual suggests oiling the bushings a few times a year. Excuse my ignorance, but are the bushings the rollers? What is the process/procedure for oiling the bushings? What is the proper oil? Thanks for any input.

It is as simple as removing the screws. Take care not to strip heads, use a regular old screwdriver. When you remove the ends you can take the rollers out, clean them and then use some kind of lubricant on them. I use white lithium grease, just a small amount and then reassemble using a feeler gauge to check the gap setting. Factory is usually .039, many go lower, .030 for me. If you want to oil without taking it apart you could just dribble some oil between the roller end and the end plate. I don't like to do it that way because it just gums up with any flour dust that is inbetween.

I think the bushing is next to the 7th Fetzer valve....so all ya need is some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads....

P.S. That's a "Fletch" reference, and has no bearing on this conversation ;)

Back