first time making a starter and...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akimbo78

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
wife got me a refractometer and stir plate for xmas. nailed my temps on the mash. beer smith puts my efficiency at 80%. i'm feeling great. my starter looks awesome. i pitch. as i'm washing out the flask i realize i dumped the magnet that stirs the starter. its a stout and tghere is no way im getting it out. might as well leave it in. now i have to wait at least 3 weeks for my next batch. hopefully its feezing for the next 3 weeks. :eek:

akimbo78 said:
wife got me a refractometer and stir plate for xmas. nailed my temps on the mash. beer smith puts my efficiency at 80%. i'm feeling great. my starter looks awesome. i pitch. as i'm washing out the flask i realize i dumped the magnet that stirs the starter. its a stout and tghere is no way im getting it out. might as well leave it in. now i have to wait at least 3 weeks for my next batch. hopefully its feezing for the next 3 weeks. :eek:

Have you followed the thread about carboy stir plates? LOL I guess that is small hiccup given your good brew day.

I've done that more than once. I have extra stir bars though so it's not a big deal. Make sure you remember the stir bar is in there before you clean your fermenter. Wouldn't want to dump it down the drain. I always put a note on my fermenter just to make good and sure I don't screw the pooch twice.

Back