Brewer's Best Red Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger42408

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm relitively new to brewing, but I do have several Belgian Tripels under my belt. Saturday I brewed up a batch of Brewer's Best Red Ale and it's been chugging away at about 3-4 second belches from the airlock. I've got the temperature holding at 64-68 degrees. I've tried to keep it on the cool side due to the aggresive nature of the Nottingham yeast. Well, today I go to check it and it is belching at about 10-11 seconds and it's only the third day. Should I be worried at this point? I know that the airlock is not the way to determine ferment activity, but the Belgian's that I've done were aggressive up to abot 7-10 days before slowing. I also know that the Red Ale has substantially less suger than the Tripel, but that just seems a little suddon to me. I do plan on using a secondary with this....Thoughts?

Notty works fast. But it's messy so go ahead an give it plenty of time. It may not look active bit there's still work being done.

I used Notty a few times am its always quick. No worries.

I made the same beer first time. Now I'm on my second batch, an American light. Red ale for some reason reacts quickly. I even had to refill the airlock a little after two days. Beer came out perfectly. So delicious. Was really happy with the way I t turned out. Just leave it on the yeast cake if you have a glass carboy should be good in a week and 5 to 6 days.

Shouldn't be a problem. GL with the Red Ale. Was one of my favorites of the BB kits.

Latest posts

Back