Excited about my day!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosesdanger

Reaction score
Well I have only really gotten in to the hobby in the last 3 months but i'm going on 8th batch. I work the weekends so most of the week I am not really doing anything but reading, music and brewing.

Today was a little different, SWMBO's car got totaled the other week and we went to get her a new one today. We did all the due diligence on that and then I went by my LHBS and got some bottles and a minikeg to deal with my english dark cream BUT I also am moving my MilkSteak stout to a secondary with a couple cups of Tellamore Dew Whiskey and vanilla beans today. Wait a minute....

Two open primaries!

I have been planning a Ginger and Coriander Saison for a nice light summer brew. I have most of the things I believe I want for it but I have been a little skiddish reading through the forums trying to find a good mix.

Hmm The sweet stout was using my favorite yeast wyeast 1084 and I have this nice big yeast cake. Im thinking about this while looking on my beeralchemy app on my phone (which syncs to your computer version for looking at recipies). I just decide "Lets put something on the 1084!"

Im doing a extra foreign stout that I tweaked from "O'Daniel's Foreign Extra Stout" for an extract batch. That is cooling as I type and the MilkSteak has already been racked to primary. Now to bottle!

Initially I was going to try to do the saison tonight as well but the beers are already flowing so that will be tomorrow. :drunk:

:mug:

Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?

Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?

haha I like the Fullonrapist Belgian! Maybe could use it for planned belgian?
:rockin:

Ill try to post the label for it when I'm done bottling but on the side it says:

"The Irish MilkSteak is a vanilla cream stout produced with the finest hornerts honey, boiled over hard. Best served with jelly beans on the side, served raw."
:)

Back