U-Line 75RSS kegerator project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeinbend

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently picked up a really nice U-Line under-cabinet fridge for my kegerator. It nicely holds 2 kornys, and has room in the back shelf for yeast samples and my CO2. Perfect setup! My next step is to round it out with a tap tower. The last thing I want to go is go nuts with the hole saw and ruin this fridge, by running right through a refrigerant line.

On this model, the back interior wall of the fridge has a chiller plate, with the defrost drip tray at the bottom. What I don't know is, if there are additional lines running in the top of the unit, or if that is just all insulation, and I'd be safe to drill away. I have been trying to track down a schematic to help positively identify the layout, but to no avail.

Has anyone worked with these units before? Is there a way I can locate the lines if they exist? I've read some things about using some sort of corn starch mixture to help identify lines, but I don't know how reliable or applicable such a method would be for my fridge.

Here's a few pictures of the unit:

uline5.jpg

uline6.jpg

uline4.jpg

uline3.jpg

uline2.jpg

uline1.jpg

I'd be more worried about drilling in to electric lines feeding into that light.

From the looks of the thing, it won't have any lines in the top section. If you can't find a schematic, email the manufacturer.

Did you ever turn this into a Kegerator? I was looking to do the same thing with this fridge and curious if you had any success.

Hey JDiz,
I do use it still as my two corny-keg fridge, but I did not end up drilling it for a tap; I just run a short cobra tap on each keg inside. I've had this fridge many years and it's still running well, quiet, and holding consistent temps.

Back