Smokestack Series Boulevard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gambrinus

Don't let your meat loaf.
Reaction score
Whose tried all of these editions of this series? I have only had one and loved it... but can't afford to get the rest yet. I just wanted to know if the rest were worth buying.

I like the double wide IPA and the Saison with brett. They are both excellent. I think they have a barrel aged stout coming out next year that I am looking forward to.
Which one did you try?

Um - I didn't think their Saison has Brett in it, does it??? Isn't that Ommegang?

I've had their Saison, Double-Wide, and Quadrupel. I have not tried the Tripel yet.

I loved the Saison, it was top-notch. The Quad was OKay, but boozy for my taste.

The Double-Wide was not bad, but teetered on whether it was an IIPA, or paint stripper. Would've liked more flavor hops, less bitterness. But I'm weird like that. I'm not an IIPA person to begin with. I prefer a top-of-the-style IPA instead, loaded with Flavor hops instead of Bitterness hops. *shrug* BUT - for Full Disclosure, I prefer soft-bitterness hops like Warrior... the Left Hand Warrior IPA I had was to die for. The Great Divide Titan IPA was too harsh-bitterness for my liking. It's all relative with my palate.

Point is ... Saison == Teh Tits. Tripel == Not tried. The others == All Right beers.

Um - I didn't think their Saison has Brett in it, does it??? Isn't that Ommegang?

Actually the newly released Saison does have brett. It is a very nice beer. It is possible that it is not yet in your area.
61449.jpg

OH. OH! Um... in that case, I had the regular (old) Saison. You can bet that I'll be trying this as soon as I see it. :) THanks for tipping me off to it. :D

I like the double wide IPA and the Saison with brett. They are both excellent. I think they have a barrel aged stout coming out next year that I am looking forward to.
Which one did you try?

I had a bottle of the 6th glass (quad).:rockin:

For me they're all worth the money - at least to try once so you can pick a favorite. I haven't had the brett Saison in the bottle but I did have it on tap a year or so ago at a festival and it was great. My favorite is still Sixth Glass and the Saison.

I thought:
DIPA: sucked! (I rarely say this about DIPA's too)
Tripel: OK
Quad: pretty god
Saison: OK

Overall, not too impressed. But, hey, the labels are pretty!

Back