Dimple Megapot 1" and 1.5"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
First is it possible? Im looking to weld 1" and 1.5" triclovers onto a 25 gal megapot from Northernbrewer. I just dont want to tear the side of the pot.

I guess my concern is to rip the pot because of the thickness. What size hole would you recommend before I pull a 1" and 1.5"?

well im pulling a tc from the inside, and welding a tc to the otherside outside the kettle. Its just much easier to weld them together and guarantee and sanitary fitting. I have done it on a keggle no with problems. Just on a thicker megapot it concerns me.

It should be fine. I can't imagine the megapots are any thicker than sanke kegs (did not fact check this), but it has been successfully done on those, take a peek at the soldering stainless thread

purge it with argon on the inside and make sure you have good penetration if you are tig welding. You should have nothing to worry about.

Back