living near AHS is great! but what now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim chillingsworth

Reaction score
swung by AHS on my way home today to pick up some ingredients and there was a whole lot of unclaimed grain on the clearance rack for half price. i picked up two bags totaling 24.5# for $20.

so here's what i got:

13.5# 2 row
8# german pils
1.5# crystal 120L
.5# carapils
.5# munich
.5# vienna

i also have .5# chocolate on hand. i'm considering the following options:

10 gallons amber
10 gallons pale
10 gallons brown ale (with the chocolate malt)
5 gallons barleywine
8 gallons baltic porter (with chocolate)

i don't know if a brown, barleywine or porter with such a strange malt bill will taste right, but who knows? i'm leaning towards ten gallons of amber, but it's getting colder and i've already got a lot of session beer on tap.

8# German Pils
.5# Munich
.5# Vienna
.5# Carapils

Use those sterlings or willamettes to 20 IBU at 60...

...you have BierMuncher's Helles Belles which is my favorite homebrew. Ever.
:rockin:

8# German Pils
.5# Munich
.5# Vienna
.5# Carapils

Use those sterlings or willamettes to 20 IBU at 60...

...you have BierMuncher's Helles Belles which is my favorite homebrew. Ever.
:rockin:

funny you should say, that. that's exactly what one of the bags was. the other was an arrogant bastard clone (2 row and c120). maybe these were your orders?

i definitely want to use all the grain at once because it is milled, although i guess if i did a double brew day it would be fine.

funny you should say, that. that's exactly what one of the bags was. the other was an arrogant bastard clone (2 row and c120). maybe these were your orders?

Haha. Yeah that was probably my order, though I didn't do an AB clone. They forgot and milled it, then redid it. As much as they do that you would think nobody owns a grain mill. :confused:

Back