Brutus Control Panel Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordie

Reaction score
Say - is there anyone out there with some pics of their Brutus control panel wiring?

I'm trying to (finally) get my rig up and running and hoping to get the wiring done this weekend. I've got the wiring diagrams and all the other jazz, but for some reason my malt-addled brain needs to see a real-word version of what I'm trying to do...

Thanks. (And pics to come of the rig...)

Gordie

The controls are the same as Lonnie's. I even used the same template to cut the holes for the switches and Love controlers.

Be aware that Love changed the wiring schematic in early 2007. What Lonnie shows on his site is not how they should be wired now.

Linc

Do these help? I can try some other angles.

Wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

Much much nicer, having the box to mount the terminal strips opens things up a bunch.

standard 20 dollar electrical fuse box from LOWES. I was really close to going with one of those really nice SS ones off ebay for a few hundred, but just couldn't justify the price in the end

Lovely. I've got mine wired, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the LEDs in the switches working. In the meantime, the beer still tastes good. I'm hoping the LEDs will push it over the edge...

I see wiring schematics on the net however I will have to rig mine with the NO port thats on them as the ascos i got were NO ( i wont complain cuz they were free) So there are a bunch of numbered ports on the back. One for netural, hot, probe wires, and one for NO and NC along with a Jumper wire. I got my box coming in the mail and I wanted to start wiring this thing up but im not sure how i should wire it up.

Do I just follow the NC layout and stick the one that goes in NC to NO?

Back