Thank you for all of your posted information

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmanbrew

Reaction score
Hello All,

Yes, I'm a newbie. Just brewed my very first batch this last Sunday. I just wanted to say THANKS for everyone who posts on this forum. The information I have read to learn and understand this whole homebrew process is so informative....overwhelming I may add too.

I'm sure I'll be posting beginner questions if I can't find any answers here already....I think every question has been answered at least once! Maybe not...how to keep our cat from staring at the bubbling airlock? I know I know...get rid of the cat! Me and my brew will be sleeping outside for a while if I did that.

Again, thanks for all of your questions/answers.

How to keep myself from staring at the bubbling airlock? I gave that job to the cat!

Welcome to HBT, and I agree: Tons of great info on any aspect of the hobby.

Just wait until you taste what you made... :rockin:

I was brewing before I joined here (a few batches) but I've learned a great deal since I started reading about updated methods as posted.

One thing I've found valuable is to concentrate on a set of styles. Personally, I'm working on brews of the British Isles... I want to get those nailed before I move on to others. Not to say I won't try to make a lager at some point, it's just not in my list of recipes "on deck"...

Just be sure to use the search function, putting in the parameters you think something could fall under (try a few variations)... If you can't find an answer, that's at least moderately recent, then post up... Or post in one of the threads already started to see about getting updated info...

What is your first batch? Since you made it last Sunday, how long before you go out and get another primary for another batch? :D

Welcome to the obsession... :ban: :rockin:

This. I brewed my first on Sun. as well.

Thanks to the site ya'll have put together, I didn't have to ask questions. The FAQ and Wiki took care of that.

Thanks again. If ever there was a site to be a paid member, this would be it.

I got some Irish Red going, nothing too complex. I have 2 carboys for primary and secondary. I'm already thinking about creating my "pipeline" and how to best handle it. I want to wait to see how my first batch turns out before I start other but it was so damn fun to brew!

I would read up on the long primary method if I was you... Means you now have TWO primaries. :D

Fermcap-s is wonderful stuff too... :rockin: Used that so I could primary in a corny keg...

this site is invaluable and the search feature works so wonderfully that that's the sole reason my post count is so small. Every question I thought I needed to ask was quickly answered after a few quick searches!

I'm currently working on my pipeline, trying to score a couple cheap 6.5 gal carboys to have multiple primaries!

happy brewing

Couldn't agree more. This site has been incredibly helpful. Pretty much any concerns have already been talked about, and then I keep finding things that can make my brew even better.

Special thanks to Deathbrewer for his write up on stove top partial mashes and AG. That was the first time I had read about the brewing process and actually felt confident enough to try it out myself

Back