Beers Picked up/Acquired while hanging with Brewtopia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Spent Saturday the 8th chilling with the man himself, Brewtopia. He gave me a private tour of Naked City Brewing (aka the condo), took me to Bottleworks, and a few local pubs including his job at Stix.

100_4347.jpg

Pictured are: Stiletz Spruce Ale (From BT), Fred From the Wood (from BT), Ju-Ju Ginger, Dogfish Punkin, Hop Rod Rye and Naked City/Stix Bodacious Blonde(from BT).

Got to sample his Cincinatti Red, IPA, his Belgian Tripple (awesome), La Folie (sourest beer I've ever tasted), and a sample from his wooden keg.

How's the Left Hand JuJu? I've always wanted to try it, but end up thinking, "Ginger in beer? I don't know........"

I've just started trying them tonight. So far I drank the Ginger, and am currently about halfway through the the Dogfish Head Punkin.

The ginger beer had a slight smell of ginger, the ginger taste was barely perceptible and more of the flavor was dominated by the malts and the hops. This is definately a good summer beer, which might benefit from a little more ginger and some lactose to boost the sweetness slightly. I was expecting something more similar to ginger ale. I'd probably clone this beer making the adjustments that I mentioned. It has potential.

Dogfish Head Punkin: Nice detectable pumpkin flavor, slight sweetness, with hints of traditional pumpkin pie spices. Not sure what yeast they used, but it did remind me of a Belgian style. The pumpkin and the spices could be boosted some, especially in respect to the nutmeg. I haven't had another pumpkin ale yet to make a comparison, but this one was pretty decent.

Back