Ain't nothing like a fedora

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Slow day at work, what can I say?

Anybody else have a fedora or similar brimmed hat? I love wearing a good hat, especially when I'm standing on the sidelines at a rugby match with a pint in hand.

Bought an Indy Jones crushable felt replica last year, and wear it often.

Let's hear it, boys!

ya i have a fedora i bought for a 1920s murder mistery i when to last year to go with my pin striped suite, i like alot and were it ofton when the air is cool and i am headed to the pub

My Adventure Bilt
PIC-0001.jpg

My old one
Halloween-LoftusJoeMark.jpg

SWMBO wearing my usual hat (I dont break out the fedora that often):
n33308821_31407398_3028.jpg

Most of the time, I wear a classical "river boat gambler's" hat; black, broad rimmed or a floppy-brimmed 'straw' hat for the summer. I have a fedora, but don't wear it much.

I hate baseball caps but love REAL MEN'S hats, fedoras, bowler's etc...I really wish that that style would come back, I usually feel really foolish wearing one. But now that I'm involved in umping or score keeping vintage base ball games, I get to wear bowler's and stuff...

I'm looking at a top hat right now, a bowler and a straw boater right now..Haloween shops have them now, and I'm hoping to snag them on sale before the pack stuff away...

I don't have a picture handy, but I wear a hat in the winter to keep my head warm (short hair and not a full head of it!). It's a gray, wool "flat cap". I used to wear other hats that were brimmed when I lived in a more "urban" environment, but I would be considered a bit eccentric here if I wore them. I don't really like to wear "baseball caps" since I don't play baseball;).

I think men's hats should come back into fashion. Wasn't it the norm 60+ years ago? Fashion in general has been getting progressively casual over the last 100 years or so. I guess when "casual" bottoms out to the point we're all walking around in our underwear, it will go the other way and we'll start to dress more formal again... hopefully including hats.

I hate baseball caps but love REAL MEN'S hats
Jeesh, pretty strong there. :D I'll put any of my 123 baseball caps against anything else. I'd also wear a fedora, etc., if I had one and if my head weren't so darn small.

A baseball cap is certainly for REAL MEN in some instances. I must say I hate when people wear them backward or cockeyed. My dad always got pissed at me for doing that, saying it was disrespectful. I wholeheartedly agree.

A baseball cap is certainly for REAL MEN in some instances. I must say I hate when people wear them backward or cockeyed. My dad always got pissed at me for doing that, saying it was disrespectful. I wholeheartedly agree.

Yeah, this is more where my vehemence against baseball caps stems from.

Of course to me real Base Ball Players don't wear gloves and dress like this..

This is our teams uniform. (This is the founder of the team and the mayor pro-tem)
2566048513_b03aa3c952.jpg

This is Dave, our Other adjudicator/Talley keeper (we alternate, and there are no pics of me posted anywhere yet, except a fuzzy one in a newspaper.)

2566873510_3b9d953ceb.jpg

This is the Woodstock (ontario) Active's Uni

2566861900_5d89547c66.jpg

This is the Saginaw Old Goats

medium_baseball3.jpg

Note the long sleeves, and if a player rolls them up without asking permission of the women in the audience he is subjected to a fine of a days wages for ungentlemenly cnduct (25 cents.)

I've done the vintage baseball thing and love the hats. Could really do without the wool uniforms in the summer. Blech.

Can't do without my glove, though. Baseball, in its current form, paid most of my way through college. Makes me dedicated to what it is now.

I've done the vintage baseball thing and love the hats. Could really do without the wool uniforms in the summer. Blech.

Can't do without my glove, though. Baseball, in its current form, paid most of my way through college. Makes me dedicated to what it is now.

Dave, the guy in the above picture, played last year....shattered 2 fingers catching a ball gloveless...had to have micro surgery. That's why I stick to scorekeeping and reffing....

My dad sported the Indy style fedora my entire childhood. Now that I think about it he just up and stopped one day and I dont' know why...

though nothing bothers me quite as much as a woman in a Kangol hat. If I ever strike a woman, it will be a woman in a stupid Kangol hat

One of them white girls who thinks shes black, eh

I'm a Texan, so I can get away with wearing the right cowboy hat for just about any occasion, but I am wanting to try out a fedora, or a few other styles. I am edumacating myself on what is what. Look at the street scenes in a 30+ year old movie, every grown man is wearing a hat. When did we get away from that?

Most people equate my look to Steve Austin. Except for the mask in an earlier photo, a hat and that don't go well. I wear a knitted sock in the winter to pretend I have hair. My wife like it when I wear ball caps but, again the baldy thing strikes back and the hat is soaked within minutes on a warm day. Just can;t bring myself to do the "doo-rag" thing under the hat.

So, very few hats for me out of vanity. Heck, I'll go blind from the sun before I wear sunglasses too. Just not my look.

Back