This one going to be tasty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshm

Reaction score
Just looking for thoughts on this one. Already have everything on hand and should be brewing soon. Think one Safale us- 05 will get it done? Have never used 2 and not sure I need to? Plan on leaving it in the bucket 3 weeks then bottle and leave 3 more.

12 lbs nb amber Malt syrup
1 lbs Briess caramel 60L
1 lbs Breiss caramel 120L

2 oz centennial 60 min
2 oz centennial 30 min
2 oz centennial 5min
2 oc centennial dry hop for 7 days

So whatcha think? Tasty? Yuck? Should be fun to find out! I sure love this hobby!

Well, I think the combination of 2 pounds of crystal and amber syrup (which has crystal in it already) may be too much crystal. I'd either get rid of a pound of crystal, or change the syrup to light syrup.

I LOVE centennial hops! I'd move the 30 minute addition to 15 minutes for more flavor, though.

With an OG of 1.090ish, two packages of yeast are a good idea!

If it might be too sweet in the end. Thought with 8 oz of hop it might balance but you might be right. May dump a lb before I cook. Centennial is one of my favorites too! Will move from 30 to 15 if you think flavor profile will be improved. Thanks for yor thoughts!

Back