AmerIPA, Hop Yeah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skagdog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safe Ale US-05
Yeast Starter
What\'s that?
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
tear pouch, pour on to wort
Batch Size (Gallons)
6 Gal (in bottles)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 64F
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 @ 64F
Tasting Notes
AmerIPA, Hop Yeah!
1 lb Crystal 80L
15 lbs 2-row
1 oz Simcoe @ 60min
1 oz Palisade @ 30
1 oz Amarillo @ 30
1 oz Amarillo @ 5
1 oz Simcoe @ 2

Dry hop 1 oz Palisade after 7 days for the remaining 14 days.

I usually don't rack to secondary but I had an extra ounce of Palisade so I racked onto the Palisade after 7 days in the primary.

Mash at 152 for 1 hour

Do your personal math but my volumes are as follows:

6.8 gal Pre-boil
5.9 gal post-boil

5 gallons into the bottling bucket.

5 gallons plus 5 oz Corn Sugar puts me just over 2.7 vols, where I like it.

Enjoy

EDIT: I don't bottle 6 gallons as it says in the info above. I have nearly 6 gallons, post boil. Call me wasteful but I stop filling my bottling bucket at 5 gallons. Hope this doesn't cause any confusion.

Did you just create the recipe, or have you brewed and tested this? I happen to have some palisade on hand, so this sounds intriguing to me.

I've brewed, tasted and shared. There's a home brew comp up here in July so I'm hoping it'll remain good through that so I can get some notes. I still desire more clarity but aside from that, it's the best brew of my 10 so far.

I scored a 37 in a comp with this brew. It's the first IPA I ever brewed and I'm gonna do it again. I dig the hop punch in the nose that stays through to the finish.

Back