Check Valves for disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinsu

Reaction score
I believe you can install this at the gas post as long as it is threaded and not barbed. Although You would need some couplers as well. It might be possible to find one that flows the other way eliminating the couplings.

All of my disconnects are already threaded, this would fit perfectly in line. I've been cleaning out my system (well 2 systems, kegerator and jockey box) and it seems that the check valves at the distributors haven't been working that well, all of my air distributors have gunk in them, as well as a reg, and I don't know how I managed to do that. Needless to say a lot of my gas lines did too and are being replaced. I was hoping this could prevent that from ever happening. And I did check, the valves I had operate as check valves when I blow in them.

I get beer in my gas line occasionally as well but since I have clear tubing I can see it immediately and can change the line out if need be. I think a check valve at the keg would definitely keep this from happening.

Also If you pressurize the hose before connecting it to the keg, you should be okay. Just have to make sure the pressure in the hose is great than the pressure in the tank.

The only way I could see your regulator getting gunk in it is if your check valve got stuck. Good to know though as I will definitely check my valve more often.

Has anyone use these check valves that hook right into ball/pin lock disconnects?

Quick Disconnect Check Valve Quick Disconnect Check Valve [QD Check Valve-04C03229IH] - $8.49 : The CHI Company, New and used beverage equipment for Homebrewing, Home winemaking, Soda systems and used Pepsi vending equipment

It seems more logical to have the valve right near the liquid, like on a Sanke keg, than at the air distributor. It seems like it could potentially keep liquid out of several feet of line.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would post that I recently came across these Clear Gas Ball Disconnects with an integrated check valve. They're not cheap for plastic disconnects ($15-19 each at various stores), but they come out to roughly the same price as buying a check valve and plastic ball lock disconnect separately.

Back