Moving Hops after 1 year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allynlyon

Reaction score
After planting my hops this year I realized that I planted them too close to the house. I don't think there was enough air flow through the plant. I thought about either training them out and then up but didn't know how well that would work and if I should just dig them up and move them out further. Is this going to stunt them and put them back at basically a first year plant?

If you do a good job of prepping its new home and take a substantial root ball, my bet is the transplanted crown will do just fine with little if any negative impact. The damned things literally grow like weeds if given what they need...

Cheers!

If you do a good job of prepping its new home and take a substantial root ball, my bet is the transplanted crown will do just fine with little if any negative impact. The damned things literally grow like weeds if given what they need...

Cheers!

Thanks. I will do that this week to give it plenty of time to establish itself in it's new space. :)

Latest posts

Back