Cleaning Perlick's and Hoses ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought three Perlick SS faucets along with a Stout faucet.. including shanks and tailpieces, hoses, etc. They all need cleaning.

What do you use for cleaning these? Is oxyclean ok or do I need something more special like beerline cleaner or ??

BTW, what is the difference between beer line cleaner and PBW?

Thanks

I'm using oxyclean right now on old, beer encrusted perlicks. They've been soaking for 12 hours, and the gunk is falling out. I think a blast of hot water will clear them pretty well.

The star san solution will be great for sanatizing, but I needed something stronger to clean the organic debris out...

I'm just repeating something I think I read, but the difference between BLC and PBW when I looked it up was concentration. BLC is much more concentrated.

I just fill a corny with 2G of hot PBW, pressurize it and run a couple quarts through the line. Let it sit for 30minutes to an hour in the line, then run the rest through. Do the same with clean hot water, then starsan.

I try to clean as many lines at once as I can since I already have the PBW and startsan mixed up too...

Edit, sorry I should read more carefully. They're not hooked up...yeah, oxy or pbw will work just fine. If you have a faucet brush that helps too.

Back