The Late Night Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a thread us night owls can use (if there are more than just me posting late night/early morning) to post when pretty much no one else is on.

Why the crap are you up at this hour? I'm working tonight until 3am. It's a slow night at work.

Slow night at work for me too. I'm on until 4. It's my Friday so I'll probably be up until 6 or 7 enjoying a homebrew and more HBT.

Time difference... it's only 1757 here in Japan... Tuesday :mad: Back to work tomorrow after 4 days off.

I'm up at this hour because........ It's only 10:20 am here in ireland, great thread as not much is posted at this time, gives us something to look at :) off to work now

Time difference... it's only 1757 here in Japan... Tuesday :mad: Back to work tomorrow after 4 days off.

Nice. I used to tour in a band with a chick who is 25% Okinawan. Her grandmother was 100% and I loved hanging out with her. She was a cool old little lady.

I am on the West coast... not even midnight yet. Gotta report in for work in 6 hours though. That's gonna suck. lol

I work Sun-Thur 10pm-6am. I live in a world many miles away where there is a 24hr time delay. I speak, I comment, then I wait for a reply...that sometimes never comes. Imagine having to wait 24 hrs every time you speak to see if anyone heard you or cares. Like living across the universe. :(

jgln said:
I work Sun-Thur 10pm-6am. I live in a world many miles away where there is a 24hr time delay. I speak, I comment, then I wait for a reply...that sometimes never comes. Imagine having to wait 24 hrs every time you speak to see if anyone heard you or cares. Like living across the universe. :(

Awwww I'm sure someone cares!!!! What's the homebrew scene like on that world of yours? I'm sure there must me some new strains of yeast and malts......:)

...but it is true. I email friends/family while they sleep then wait until the next night to see if they replied, if not I have to wait until the next night. Conversations are on a delay.

No brewing since last summer but I still have grain in the freezer, hops in the fridge, gas in the tank so soon.

jgln said:
No brewing since last summer but I still have grain in the freezer, hops in the fridge, gas in the tank so soon.

Get brewing......

I'm at home with a sick child, do h'll go to sleep in a while then I'm cleaning/sanitising approx 90 bottles for a double bottling day tomorrow...500ml bottles. Then just need to get yeast to brew a double batch next Monday, no point in leaving FV's empty. It's 11am here so I'll wait 24hrs for you're response :)

Get brewing......

I'm at home with a sick child, do h'll go to sleep in a while then I'm cleaning/sanitising approx 90 bottles for a double bottling day tomorrow...500ml bottles. Then just need to get yeast to brew a double batch next Monday, no point in leaving FV's empty. It's 11am here so I'll wait 24hrs for you're response :)

Ok back. Yeah it is all is vacuum sealed bags so I think it will still make a decent beer. I need the room back in the freezer anyway. I thought I did not have enough gas for a brew but then I finally checked out the tank the guy we bought the house from left behind and it was 1/2 full so :ban:

jgln said:
I email friends/family while they sleep then wait until the next night to see if they replied, if not I have to wait until the next night. Conversations are on a delay.

Sorry wrong place

No excuse now.....get brewing and have beer for enjoying on your own world 🍺:). You never know you could be the Arthur Guinness of that place lol

still at work right now, think I almost killed coworker. we were in elevator I let 1 rip he was gagging so hard he almost threw up. was so bad even grossed me out

1:30 am: ten gallons of pale ale hopped. Amarillo, summit and cascade. Can't wait for this one to land on tap :mug:

Had a company bbq before work.was ok but hate going to work after.now 4 am and I want a beer. Have to wait til 7 am when I'm off

Sippin on a very fresh bottle of Stone Ruination right this moment. What a fine beer it is in its prime.

The pale ale that I dry hopped late last night (or early this morning, depending on your perspective) is to be shared with a co-worker. I put 2 ounces of hops in his half (1 oz cascade, 1 oz summit) and 3 oz in mine (1 each of cascade, summit and amarillo). Should be tasty beer and fun to taste the subtle differences between his half and mine.

For a university that has a budget in the hundreds of millions, why is the toilet paper so cheap??? I swear it still has bark in it, how am I supposed to tell when I'm done wiping? work sucks tonight

For a university that has a budget in the hundreds of millions, why is the toilet paper so cheap??? I swear it still has bark in it, how am I supposed to tell when I'm done wiping? work sucks tonight

You're done when you see blood on the paper.

arrive at work tonight and they hand me some papers I am being transferred. I am no longer a stripper

Back