Ferment Snapple Apple?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njxrinzler

Reaction score
Can Snapple be fermented? It says no preservatives added. I have a case of 12 snapple apple sitting in my pantry. Was wondering if anyone knew if it would work. I don't see why not and would make for a cool experiment.

it looks like 1 gallon will be about 3.5% abv...there is nothing obvious in the ingredients that would make it not ferment..but...I don't know what is in the "natural ingredients". If you add a little more sugar, you might be able to make a low abv wine. I imagine lactose may help keep it a bit sweet, as the sugar will dry it out.

Hey try it out and let us know how it turns out! maybe even carb some of it, you might be on to something good (or terrible)

Do it and post updates! This could turn out amazing. Snapple = Delicious.

Skeeter pee wine uses real lemon brand lemon juice or you can use the off brand is that and both have tons of preservatives in it and people make skeeter pee all the time. So with proper care and. Time you can ferment anything with sugar in it.

Skeeter pee wine uses real lemon brand lemon juice or you can use the off brand is that and both have tons of preservatives in it and people make skeeter pee all the time. So with proper care and. Time you can ferment anything with sugar in it.

Preservatives limit yeast growth but dont stop them from chewing and finished the job, just reproduction.
If enough yeast is pitched it will ferment out, but will be very dull if using a simple recipe, most of the esters and phenols come from yeasts lag phase, or from reproduction.

Also if left long enough without a top and/or whipped hard enough with oxygen you can purge most liquids of there preservatives.

Preservatives limit yeast growth but dont stop them from chewing and finished the job, just reproduction.
If enough yeast is pitched it will ferment out, but will be very dull if using a simple recipe, most of the esters and phenols come from yeasts lag phase, or from reproduction.

Also if left long enough without a top and/or whipped hard enough with oxygen you can purge most liquids of there preservatives.

You are completely right. That is why I reference skeeter pee. That recipe does require much O2 and whipping and even a 24 hour rest before pitching yeast. So with proper care like in a skeeter pee must you can have great results with any juice preservatives or not.

nutrition facts for 16 Fl oz :
Calories 200
Total Fat 0 g
Sodium 10 mg
Total Carbohydrates 48 g
Sugar 47 g
Protein 0 g

Ingredients:

FILTERED WATER, SUGAR, APPLE AND PEAR JUICE CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, VEGETABLE AND FRUIT JUICE (FOR COLOR), NATURAL FLAVORS

Snapple Apple contains NO artificial flavors and NO preservatives.

Back