Octoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layne

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Belgium in October, and will have a day or two that I can 'do something else'.
Anybody ever go to Octoberfest in Germany? Any advise?
Layne

Thanks for the response.
I go to belgium every spring, usually april or may, and every fall, usually september or october.
I will be in Antwerp for 2 days, then a day or two in Idar-Oberstein. My trip includes transportation and tickets to an octoberfest celebration near Idar-Oberstein. (I forget the exact date, it's at my office)
I'm just wondering if that is gonna be a true Octoberfest experience.

Any suggestions on where to stay, where to visit, or any other tid bits for incase we go to Munich and pass on the local fest?

Any suggestions on where to stay, where to visit, or any other tid bits for incase we go to Munich and pass on the local fest?

I used to live 40 miles west of Munich for 4 years (in Augsburg). Every time I ever went to Munich I always went to the Hofbrauhaus.

A lot of the seats on the trains to Munich during the fest are reserved. It may be difficult to get tickets.

I used to stay at a farmhouse about 25 miles south of Munich instead of Garmisch...(at the time (up to 2004) a room was only 13 Euros per person w/breakfast versus $80 in Garmisch).
You may be better off staying in Idar-Oberstein...:mug:

Thanks.
I heard it was crazy crowded.
Istill have a week or two to make my decision.

Back