Bayou Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
Was planning on buying a new SS Bayou Pot. I noticed that if you get the one with the basket (in case I ever wanted to do a crawfish boil) it comes with an "indentation":

From the site:
This All-Purpose Stainless Steel Stockpot is the perfect addition to any cooking environment indoors or outdoors! The Steam-Boil-Fry Stockpot has an indentation that raises the basket 2-3 inches above the bottom for steaming or boiling. Use the basket to deep fry chicken, fish or hushpuppies; steaming or boiling seafood, clams and vegetables. Use without basket to boil soups, stews, gumbo, jambalaya, and low country boil.

Anyone have any experience with this "indentation"? Does it make boiling wort difficult? Should I just get the one without the "indentation" and therefore without the basket?

Thanks.

I have the 11 gal. ss pot w/ the indentation, and have never used the steamer basket. IMO the indentation will not be a negative during brewing, it actually is not really noticeable.

Both are decent pots and will work about the same.

Back