Perle Hopps seem off, can someone verify w. picture.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunmojo

Reaction score
Hey guys im in Hungary, brewing away, picked up a few ounces of Perle Hopps, but it seems to be an off green almost into a brown color with a faint smell to them... I have yet to brew or encounter all different hop varieties, but this seems
a bit old to me if not off just yet.... I mean i remember my first batch , amarillo, and ekg, and all the other hopps i have smelled were amazing... with this I have to lean in to get a good whiff.
I know the color is going to look different on everyones computer, and the camera lighting wasn't "studio" but here is a picture. here in hungary there are only two online shops you can get brewing supplies, I have always ordered from the main one, great quality....but this time this other one was the only one that had Perle Hops, so i gave them a try...now i think im regretting it. The cost is quite high here in budapest. too. so i would miss the dollars spent as well if they are deemed crap. :(
thanks guys!!!

IMG_0607.jpg

ok I have actually found a 6mo. old tet, and hollertrau, in my freeezer which seem to have a brighter aroma still than this thing......:mad:

They don't look too brown to me. And color might not indicate they are old or anything. I have had hops that were very fresh that had a brown hue to them so it might just depend on the variety.

Back