Shipping Beer Overseas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vandilioff

Reaction score
Hi all, hope everyone's well.

I'm going to mail some homebrew for the first time, and I happen to be shipping it from Canada to England.

Any helpful hints out there? I'm more curious as to what folks say there shipping when asked at the post office

Thanks!

Well, the US postal service won't let you ship liquids anymore, not sure about Canada or UK. I've talked to UPS on this & they wanted over $400.00 to ship a case of beer (12oz. bottles) from MT, USA to Liverpool, UK. I was so disappointed at this price I didn't even bother to call FedEx. Maybe you could get a better price in Canada though; I'd definately give your postal service AND the major private shippers a call & ask...
Phone calls are still pretty cheap. Good luck. Regards, GF.

Kind of reviving this thread.

I have some friends in Belgium and want to ask them if they can buy some Cantillon and ship it to me here in the US. What shipping laws to we need to worry about when doing this? Belgium's or the US's? Customs?

Any help would be greatful.

Only licensed entities may ship alcohol of any type with FedEx. For more information, go to fedex.com/us/wine. Consumers may not ship alcohol.

Licensee to Licensee. FedEx will accept alcohol shipments (beer, wine and spirits) when both the shipper and recipient are either licensed wholesalers, licensed dealers, licensed distributors, licensed manufacturers, licensed retailers or licensed importers, subject to additional requirements and all applicable laws and regulations. Contact your FedEx account executive for complete details.
Licensee to Consumer. FedEx will accept wine shipments from licensed entities directly to consumers, subject to additional requirements and all applicable laws and regulations. Contact your FedEx account executive for complete details. Shipments of beer or spirits to consumers are prohibited.

Is it allow to ship "beer" from the United States to Germany:

Via United States Postal Service?
Via Fed EX?
Via UPS?

I am looking for actual websites with the rule please.

Back