Help me with a water manifold...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnesie

Reaction score
This morning is an odd combination of lazy and exhausted, so I'm asking for smart guy help.

I have a washer hookup next to the garage where I brew and my plan is to disconnect our washer, run a 25' potable water line (already obtained) out to my brewing location and connect to my toptier. What I want is for that hose to end in another valve or spigot so I could turn on and shut off directly at the brewing stand...In other words, I want a water manifold there.

When I was at the hardware store, I noticed that the thread pitch for the common garden hose is different from every plumbing valve I could find. What type of plumbing fixture should I try to find to accept a garden hose input?

I'm going to be looking for threaded fittings, so any hints are appreciated.

Most hardware stores should sell a variety of brass fittings that will have garden hose threads on one side and standard pipe threads on the other. Ask someone in the plumbing aisle, they should be helpful (hopefully).

Here is the water manifold I built for the top tier - hope the visuals help. To make the garden hose attach, I soldered a 1/2" NPT fitting at the end and attached a 1/2" NPT to garden hose bushing -link for visual

That helps a lot. I'm not setup to do soldering, so I'd be looking at threaded fittings, but also I'm going to have a much shorter run so it shouldn't be as big a deal.

I would have asked someone in the plumbing department at Lowe's, but you know how that goes...

If you're not equipped for soldering, you should be able to put something together with threaded ball valves, tees and nipples quite easily. There are 1/2" NPT to garden hose thread (GHT) adapters available in brass or plastic also....

So dumb question, is GHT an actual industry acronym for a garden hose fitting?

Back