My Keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
Started on my Keggles this wknd. Cut the tops with EZ Lock cut-off wheels on the Dremel...only took 4 discs for 2 kegs. I got started on polishing....not finished yet.

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

looking good... I haven't pollished up my kegs as of yet just cuz i don't really have that much time to do it so i don't feel like starting them and not being able to finish. not really sure how much time it take but i have heard many many hours...

Cutting didn't take as long as I expected...maybe 30-45 mins per keg to cut and then another 30 mins or so to cleanup the edges so they won't cut huge gashes in my arms!

I'm not done polishing the first keg yet but to get it to that level it took several hours. The polishing is the most time consuming.

dude. Do yourself and your neighbors a favor and get a handheld grinder. I cut the tops off my kegs in less than 2 minutes each. And it will make polishing go much, MUCH faster.

Polishing a keg with a dremel is like cutting your grass with scissors.

Nice, man! Looks good. I also used a Dremel to cut off my lids. Took me about 45 minutes as well but I went through like 7-8 cut-off wheels. I finished polishing mine last week with an angle grinder (Thank god it's over with!). I split it up into 2 days. It took me about 4-5 hours total. I ruined two shirts, my back hurt for about 4 days, and I had some wicked boogers for at least 2, lol.

It really makes the kegs look so much better. Mine is nowhere near Bobby_M's elite mirror finish, but as you're doing it, you can see that if you really take your time, you can have kegs just like his.

After I was done with the medium finishing disc, I really sort of rushed through the rest of the steps and as a result my final product isn't nearly as clean.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, hahaha. That makes much more sense. I figured since you didnt use the grinder to cut the lid, you didnt have one.

Since I was doing it "free-hand" I felt I had better control with the Dremel. The neighbors need to be woken up...it's dead around here!

Back