Recipe suggestion for old malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrux

Reaction score
Found some old (1 year) liquid malt extract that I don't want to throw out looking for suggestions for a recipe to use I in. I was thinking along the lines of an imperial IPA hoping the heavy hop flavor will hide any flaws from the old malt. My inventory is.
2 cans LME extra light 3.3 lb each
1 can LME light 3.3 lb
1 can wheat LE 3.3 lb. I also have 3 lb carapils, and 2 lb weyermann Vienna. My hops are chinook 2 oz, willamette 1 oz, US Magnum 2 oz, and Cascade 5 oz. yeast I have is Nottingham. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe combine one can of extra light with the wheat & 1oz magnum for bittering & the willamette for flavor. 1can extra light & one can light with 1/2lb carapils & 1lb vienna with 1oz magnum bittering & 1oz each chinook & cascade for flavor.

Found some old (1 year) liquid malt extract that I don't want to throw out looking for suggestions for a recipe to use I in. I was thinking along the lines of an imperial IPA hoping the heavy hop flavor will hide any flaws from the old malt. My inventory is.
2 cans LME extra light 3.3 lb each
1 can LME light 3.3 lb
1 can wheat LE 3.3 lb. I also have 3 lb carapils, and 2 lb weyermann Vienna. My hops are chinook 2 oz, willamette 1 oz, US Magnum 2 oz, and Cascade 5 oz. yeast I have is Nottingham. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I also use any extra malt I may have laying around or stored in sealed containers in the fridge mixed in with morning oatmeal (this is a great use replacing molasses used to use), as toppings for ice cream and also as a sugar replacement in some baking and cooking. I never let it go to waste.

unionrdr said:
Maybe combine one can of extra light with the wheat & 1oz magnum for bittering & the willamette for flavor. 1can extra light & one can light with 1/2lb carapils & 1lb vienna with 1oz magnum bittering & 1oz each chinook & cascade for flavor.

Thank you for the suggestions

Latest posts

Back