Holy unripened BHUT batman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Thin sliced on cool ranch doritos.....SO yummy....feel the burn......holy crap

ForumRunner_20120714_214642.jpg

yes that is a jalapeno basking in it's gloe.

Wow... just wow.

I've grown 'em the last few years... haven't yet had the guts to try one, perhaps this year.

I do enjoy the habaneros from the garden though - stuffed with a cream cheese, sausage and shrimp stuffing with some old bay and tossed on the grill. Now that's living!

Unfortunately SWMBO can't even eat anything with jalapenos in it without deathly heartburn, so she's banned me from attempting to grow ghost chilis. Afraid it'll end up in all her food. Gah.

westo2 said:
Wow... just wow.

I've grown 'em the last few years... haven't yet had the guts to try one, perhaps this year.

I do enjoy the habaneros from the garden though - stuffed with a cream cheese, sausage and shrimp stuffing with some old bay and tossed on the grill. Now that's living!

dude! what you do with habs earns you a lifetime man card no questions asked! lol.

Do you just dry them for sauce and powder?

No shame. I am slicing this bastard THIN lol.

Qhrumphf said:
Unfortunately SWMBO can't even eat anything with jalapenos in it without deathly heartburn, so she's banned me from attempting to grow ghost chilis. Afraid it'll end up in all her food. Gah.

I had 7 pot peppers (ghost's brother) ripening in the window sill. 1 shook loose andfell on the floor where my 1 year old son found it and took a bite... he cried less than I would have.

my point?

she may be right....

I had 7 pot peppers (ghost's brother) ripening in the window sill. 1 shook loose andfell on the floor where my 1 year old son found it and took a bite... he cried less than I would have.

my point?

she may be right....

She has yet to discover that I've got a trinidad moruga scorpion/ghost chile hot sauce sitting in the pantry. Hah.

dude! what you do with habs earns you a lifetime man card no questions asked! lol.

Do you just dry them for sauce and powder?

No shame. I am slicing this bastard THIN lol.

The cream cheese lessens the burn, but it still hits pretty hot.

Two years ago - an early frost meant that they ended up in a garden bag. Last year - SWMBO "forgot" to water the plant when I got sent out of town for work - it was dead when I got home.

This year - I think I'll dry them and use them as a rub for the smoker. Still don't know if I can get myself to eat one fresh.

Back