CO2 Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
Hi I currently have my 5# tank hooked up to a dual gauge regulator that feeds into a 4 gauge regulator that feed my kegs. My question is would it be OK to skip the first regulator and go directly to the 4 gauge? The gauge that measures the tank capacity appears to be broken so I would get a new one of those and throw it on the end of the 4 gauge regulator.

This is my current setup
images
--->
tn375_large_742bf070809234837.jpg
--->
$(KGrHqF,!gsE7!l57fw0BO+jONJLlw~~60_12.JPG
--->
images

Probably wouldn't work. I think you have a primary/secondary setup Look at the backs of the 4-regulator cluster, they will probably say something like "Inlet pressure 0-160 psi". Your tank runs around 500-1000 psi and the first regulator has to be able to handle it.

Replace the tank pressure gauge on the first regulator. Be aware that they almost always have left-handed threads.

OK. I'll take a look at that tonight. So If I replace the first gauge with a 500-1,000 psi gauge on the 4 regulator it will work? I would think the regulator it self would still have an issue if that is the case.

You are correct- if the four regulators are secondaries, they will not be rated for the Inlet pressure from the co2 tank. You will need your dual gadgets primary. Even if the hp gauge is broken it shouldn't cause any issues. You just won't know when your co2 is running low

OK thanks. I don't know how the HP gauge was broken, but the plastic/paper background is bent and the needle is held up on it.

Happens all the time. Both of my high pressure gauges are busted. On one the backing is bent, inside the housing, and the other the needle fell off. I'm just living with it.

Would be nice if they made these things work properly. I am new to kegging and inherited a regulator and tank. I was doing a test run, and realized that my needle is on the opposite side of the bar. Is there any cure for this? turning the whole thing upside when it was off did not work... :D

IMAG0277.jpg

Take the plastic cover off the gauge and gently lift the needle back over the needle stop.

Would be nice if they made these things work properly. I am new to kegging and inherited a regulator and tank. I was doing a test run, and realized that my needle is on the opposite side of the bar. Is there any cure for this? turning the whole thing upside when it was off did not work... :D

LOL epic regulator fail! Some good QA work at that factory!

At least it's not your secondary gauge...

Latest posts

Back