Sunshine Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics from the event. Almost 600 entries. I entered 8 brews and won 3 medals (1 of each 'color'). Very happy overall, had a great time, and learned a lot. Got to meet Ray Daniels and he signed my DGB book. But can I just win a raffle item one friggin time?:mad:

A few of the bottles from Belgian Night:

DeadBelgianSoldiers.jpg

My cage for two days (cellarmaster):

BeerTrailerOutside.jpg

Here's the inside after the first round was complete:

BeerTrailerInside.jpg

Judging (Ray Daniels near center in red shirt):

JudgingWithRayD.jpg

BOS judging. I was pretty sure the Category 3 beer was mine but it got booted off the island around 7th-8th:

BOSJudging.jpg

Awards banquet (dude standing on left is the Heavy Medal winner with 9 medals, Josh Brengle):

AwardsBanquet.jpg

Nice. 3/8 at a 600 entry comp is a pretty good rate.

I'd like to see our local competition moved to a hotel. We have a place that's fine for judging and the banquet that is free so it is hard to move but it makes it hard to hang out Friday night or have a good time at the banquet safely since there are not hotels in walking distance.

Thanks remilard, no way I was driving any of those nights. We get a slightly reduced rate.

One thing I learned that I'd just assume not was what a Brett hangover is like. Everything smelled the same until after lunch.

And I did drink the first sour I actually liked, Rodenbach Flemish (not the Grand Cru). I'm not giving up on sours just yet.

passedpawn, you must be AD then? Congrats! I met the dude that accepted your awards for you. IIRC, he had a bunch of old Chimay at Belgian night (all those bottles in the upper left in pic), I stayed close by.;)

passedpawn, you must be AD then? Congrats! I met the dude that accepted your awards for you. IIRC, he had a bunch of old Chimay at Belgian night (all those bottles in the upper left in pic), I stayed close by.;)

Yep. That would be Nelson - great guy. Meeting him for beers tonight. Getting my hardware, too :rockin:

Yes, very nice guy.

Ray Daniels was giving the 2nd stage Cicerone exams. I'd kinda like to do it but it's not cheap. I can't seem to find any open BJCP exams, they fill so fast.

Back