Long-time Drinker, First-time Brewer, Nice To Be Here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayBeer

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals, Im JayBeer, Been enjoying beer, from swill, to craft beers for some time.

Started drinking poorman's black velvets, and realized how much I like ciders!

I just started a one gallon batch of Hard Apple Cider (first homebrew ever), and will be soaking up all the info I can get.

Thanx.
:rockin:

Hey Guys/Gals, Im JayBeer, Been enjoying beer, from swill, to craft beers for some time.

Started drinking poorman's black velvets, and realized how much I like ciders!

I just started a one gallon batch of Hard Apple Cider (first homebrew ever), and will be soaking up all the info I can get.

Thanx.
:rockin:

You will learn alot here..its a good forum..welcome to the crew..cheers

In the same boat. Been studying this for 15+ years and never made the leap until my wife gave me Mr. Beer for my 40th. Made it, drank it, went to my local shop and bought a start up kit. Enjoying a bottle (or 6!) from my first batch now, brewed my second batch yesterday!

Hey guys! Same here. Have recently gotten into the local beer scene. I'm COMPLETELY clueless as to where to start. Should I get a kit? If so.. What kind? I'm looking to spend about 50$ ... Unless you all advise against it. What should step 1 be?

Hey guys! Same here. Have recently gotten into the local beer scene. I'm COMPLETELY clueless as to where to start. Should I get a kit? If so.. What kind? I'm looking to spend about 50$ ... Unless you all advise against it. What should step 1 be?

If you wanna spend fifty bucks, you could get a good mr beer kit from amazon.

I started with cider, its easy, and it was recommended to me as a first try brew. I spent all of 10 bucks on a gallon of AJ that came in a glass jug, which i am fermenting in, a bung, an airlock, champange yeast, and I had suger at home...

So fifty could get you some where. PPl talk jazz about Mr. Beer kits, but i plan on getting one, look at the mr beer sticky, there is a lot of good talk about how its great for getting an easy start.

Back